To be a Taoist means many things to many people. To be a practitioner of Contemporary Taoism simply means to have realised that we are all minute parts of an indescribably large Whole (the Tao), and to choose therefore to 'Flow Like Water' and live in a spontaneous, natural manner. This blog is about: Personal Growth / Spiritual Development as guided by the principles of Eastern Philosophy, particularly modern philosophical Taoism; Developing constructive habits and achieving success with minimal effort; Meditation - Taoist, Zen or otherwise. See 'What In Lao Tzu's Name is a Contemporary Taoist?'

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Tao of Sex Energy.

There can be no denying that synchronicity exists. I can be a cynic when it comes to woo-woo New Age concepts, (because sometimes I simply think that people get too dependent on the fantasy of it all (magic) and use it as a prop and as an avoidance mechanism) but I see far too many synchronistic moments to ignore. And suffice to say I just had one.

I was flicking through my RSS feeds this morning, while an idea for a blog post struck me. I woke up thinking about Napoleon Hill's 'Think and Grow Rich' for some reason, and particularly about the concept of redirecting one's sexual energy into one's work. As I am going through a period of highly inspired activity (more on that later) I decided that it would be a good time to practice some *ahem* chi-retention. By this I of course mean limiting the amount of times I *cough* release, so to speak.

Why? because, as most readers of Tao-stuff would know, it is a very healthy thing to do for men, saves your energy (noticeably so), and supposedly prolongs your life (although the jury's out on that one, but I can buy it, even if traditional Western medical types can't).

I decided, as I read about other things (oh dear, not very Zen ;-) that I might consider doing a blog post about restricting my, err, gratification to once a week for a while to see if I have more energy and get more work done. I hadn't made up my mind though, as I know that although worthwhile it can be quite a challenge :-)

Then I clicked on Steve Pavlini's feed (the last one my reader) to see that his latest entry is this: Sex Energy. Trippy man. And therefore, confirmed.

So I am now entering experiment mode. I am hereby only going to *cough* "whatsit" once a week and record the effects. I want to see if I can be more energetic AND productive.

I have done this before, by the way, and I already know that it will give me a lot more energy (or rather save my energy), but I also know that it will not necessarily make me more productive. I will need to practice regular meditation to settle my chi and focus it in the direction of constructive behaviour. Otherwise I run the risk of expending this extra energy in nonconstructive ways like explosive temper tantrums or wild spontaneous nights spent carousing the night away in the bars and nightclubs of our fine city. Heaven forbid.

Flow Like Water ... (once a week)


Check out my Contemporary Taoist print articles online at LivingNow magazine's website.


Download my free music here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Seamus "Moose" Anthony said...

Never mind the cough, I ought to have my HEAD checked! What the hell was i thinking? ;-)

7:11 am

 
Blogger Joseph W. South said...

Amazingly, only a few weeks ago I did a podcast on the very topic of Hill's Transmutation chapter. Please check it out and let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Joseph W. South

3:53 pm

 
Blogger Seamus "Moose" Anthony said...

ok will do Joseph. Had a quick look at the blog, the stuff about being predictable and it's effect on women has invariably proved correct in my life btw.

4:41 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who Links Here