To be a Taoist means many things to many people. To be a practitioner of Contemporary Taoism simply means to have realised that we are all minute parts of an indescribably large Whole (the Tao), and to choose therefore to 'Flow Like Water' and live in a spontaneous, natural manner. This blog is about: Personal Growth / Spiritual Development as guided by the principles of Eastern Philosophy, particularly modern philosophical Taoism; Developing constructive habits and achieving success with minimal effort; Meditation - Taoist, Zen or otherwise. See 'What In Lao Tzu's Name is a Contemporary Taoist?'

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Come as you are | Salon Life

Come as you are | Salon Life

Dudes, there are few areas where I let pre-formed prejudice taint my vision. What I mean to say, is usually I steer well clear of judgement: live and let live, etc., etc.

But a childhood partially destroyed by the Born Again Church, the evil barstards, leaves me gritting my teeth (if only for a minute before I forget about it and turn my attention back to beauty of the Life Unchained) when I read things like this article.

Look, so they might be 'edgy'; so they might let you listen to secular rock music and get tattoos etc. So what - I'd put money on these guys being bigoted manipulative arseholes any day of the week. The Born Agains that sucked my parents in when I was a kid played the same hand. "Rock n Roll is ok!" they cried, "Long hair is fine!" they shouted, fake smiles stretching from ear to ear. Whatever, a bigot is a bigot in my book. Down with the lot of them.

Steer clear my friends, or don't say I didn't warn you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who Links Here