To be a Taoist means many things to many people. To be a practitioner of Contemporary Taoism simply means to have realised that we are all minute parts of an indescribably large Whole (the Tao), and to choose therefore to 'Flow Like Water' and live in a spontaneous, natural manner. This blog is about: Personal Growth / Spiritual Development as guided by the principles of Eastern Philosophy, particularly modern philosophical Taoism; Developing constructive habits and achieving success with minimal effort; Meditation - Taoist, Zen or otherwise. See 'What In Lao Tzu's Name is a Contemporary Taoist?'

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Update re: Force Refresh...

I recently posted about my need to give my life a "Force Refresh". At the time I actually thought that this was mostly going to relate to my 'career' and therefore be relevant to this blog, but actually as it turns out, the big changes I needed to make were more concerned with my private life so no real need to report on those things here.

So essentially, after all my worrying that I had too many projects on the go, I have still kept them all alive and dropped none. This is about the hundredth time this has happened! I just can't let my little babies go! I have totally re-realised that I need to get busy with my music (as per the sign from the Universe) and indeed have squeezed my skinny white arse onto the bill at this gig for the Wilderness Party (although I was late getting involved so I seem to be absent from the actual promo page - but you may sleep well tonight my friends, safe in the knowledge that I am on the email flyer!). I have also as of yesterday begun jamming with my old mate Tony: Yep! We are startin' one o' them new-fangled electricical bay-ands like!

I have a new article coming out in LivingNow magazine (the companion monthly print column to this blog) in August called 'The Way of Retreat'. It is about the Taoist concept of wu wei and how we can use it in the workplace.

And coming up really soon (Saturday 29th July) is the first ever Rebel Zen 'Embrace Meditation' workshop! Click the links for details and please come along. I have had quite a number of enquiries so I am hoping it will turn out to be a nice couple of hours at the beautiful Kundalini House in North Fitzroy.

Speaking of which, I have to spend some time today preparing for this so "bye for now!!!"

Flow Like Water...


Join me for a meditation workshop!

Download my free music here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who Links Here