To be a Taoist means many things to many people. To be a practitioner of Contemporary Taoism simply means to have realised that we are all minute parts of an indescribably large Whole (the Tao), and to choose therefore to 'Flow Like Water' and live in a spontaneous, natural manner. This blog is about: Personal Growth / Spiritual Development as guided by the principles of Eastern Philosophy, particularly modern philosophical Taoism; Developing constructive habits and achieving success with minimal effort; Meditation - Taoist, Zen or otherwise. See 'What In Lao Tzu's Name is a Contemporary Taoist?'

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Tao of Planning to Have Fun

I know I just linked to Steve Pavlina the other day, but I really got a lot out of his new article. His 'Planning for Enjoyment' model is a go-er I reckon, and it's posting very synchronistic for me as I am about to review my plans.

I need to simplify my goals and plans, they are too crowded and I am trying to do too many things at once. While I don't think I'll ever be the kind of person who could be happy just doing one minute thing for extended periods of time (i.e. just have one project) I DO need to cull some of the excess half-baked ideas/projects that are crowding up my headspace. It is always a little difficult, because I love all of my projects like children, but I am going to have to put some in the drawer for 'later on sometime'.

And if I must do this then I might as well take Steve's advice and plan to do stuff I really enjoy. There's something very Rebel Zen about the idea actually...

Flow Like Water...


Join me for a meditation workshop!

Download my free music here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who Links Here