To be a Taoist means many things to many people. To be a practitioner of Contemporary Taoism simply means to have realised that we are all minute parts of an indescribably large Whole (the Tao), and to choose therefore to 'Flow Like Water' and live in a spontaneous, natural manner. This blog is about: Personal Growth / Spiritual Development as guided by the principles of Eastern Philosophy, particularly modern philosophical Taoism; Developing constructive habits and achieving success with minimal effort; Meditation - Taoist, Zen or otherwise. See 'What In Lao Tzu's Name is a Contemporary Taoist?'

Monday, July 10, 2006

Tao of Fear-Based Ego-Identification

Self-Acceptance vs. Personal Growth

This article just rocked my world. Not because I have never heard or taken aboard this advice, but because I suddenly realised that I was doing exactly what I have learned before is unwise to do - overly identifying with the external fatcors in my life (relationships, career, etc) and thereby defending the status-quo from a fear-based desire to hold on to the things I 'have'.

Not smart! Sneaky ego - getting in my ear and leading me astray. Back! I command thee - back!

Never mind, back to the meditation cushion, re-connect with the true source of Joy...

2 Comments:

Blogger Blogger said...

Hi Seamus,

Just a quick comment to let you know how much I have enjoyed reading over your site. Good to see that there are other intelligent spiritual writers/thinkers here in melbourne town. You bring a good modern perspective of the Tao that is hard to find online sometimes.

Keep up the good work

Steve

2:17 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed my visit and intend to return. Nice to meet you

2:05 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who Links Here