To be a Taoist means many things to many people. To be a practitioner of Contemporary Taoism simply means to have realised that we are all minute parts of an indescribably large Whole (the Tao), and to choose therefore to 'Flow Like Water' and live in a spontaneous, natural manner. This blog is about: Personal Growth / Spiritual Development as guided by the principles of Eastern Philosophy, particularly modern philosophical Taoism; Developing constructive habits and achieving success with minimal effort; Meditation - Taoist, Zen or otherwise. See 'What In Lao Tzu's Name is a Contemporary Taoist?'

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Tao of the Artiste

Bob made a comment on his blog about me wanting to be 'the next great self-help guru' which was kind of funny, if not entirely without merit.

It did however bring to mind something that has been quietly bothering me lately - the fact that I have been concentrating more on the personal development side of my 'career' than on art-for-art's-sake. This needs to be addressed because at the end of the day I am an artist who gets into self improvement, not a personal development guy who likes to write and sing on the side. Sometimes I get really bored of philosophy, motivation, goal setting, meditation, Taoism, health and fitness, productivity and all the rest and put the whole thing aside for months - but I never do this with my art.

My two main artistic outlets are writing fiction and writing and singing songs on my guitar. Given this, and given the fact that I am faced with a short weekend of (gasp!) only two days before I have to get back to the office, I have decided to take a weekend off from most all of my 'other projects' and just concentrate on writing fiction and preparing to record a new acoustic CD next weekend.

This means I will NOT be:

However, having said that I am about to make another post to this blog because I have something to say, hopefully something that will be of slightly more interest to other people than this navel-gazer of a blog post ;)

Flow Like Water...


Join me for a meditation workshop!

Download my free music here.
Categories: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who Links Here