To be a Taoist means many things to many people. To be a practitioner of Contemporary Taoism simply means to have realised that we are all minute parts of an indescribably large Whole (the Tao), and to choose therefore to 'Flow Like Water' and live in a spontaneous, natural manner. This blog is about: Personal Growth / Spiritual Development as guided by the principles of Eastern Philosophy, particularly modern philosophical Taoism; Developing constructive habits and achieving success with minimal effort; Meditation - Taoist, Zen or otherwise. See 'What In Lao Tzu's Name is a Contemporary Taoist?'

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Intention Manifestation for Slackers

Steve Pavlina's article about manifesting what you desire reminded me about something that I wanted to mention: How intention manifesting and affirmations do work, even if you are (like me) prone to bursts of self-discipline followed by slower periods of slightly less intense energy.

Notice I did not say 'followed by totally slack, counter-productive periods of self-loathing and self-doubt.'

Not that there is anything wrong with that, you are what you are, but if you are down on yourself (in a major way) then you won't likely be very good at manifesting your dreams.

But having said that, you don't need to be as full-on as Mr Pavlina either (all power to him, don't get me wrong).

I have been doing my affirmations on-and-off for years. I write them down, then recite them religiously for a period of weeks or months, then forget about them for a while. A few couple of months ago I found an old list from three years back in my sock drawer (my messy, disorganised, mainly-full-of-solo-socks drawer). Reading through the list I was amazed to find that many of the things on the list had either totally come true or were a lot closer to where I wanted them to be.

So there you go, I reckon that my sub-conscious or whatever it is makes this stuff work (the Universe ... the Tao! That's it!) got the hint, and kept chipping away at it long after I stopped rabbiting the affirmations each day.

I'm not saying that doing the affirmations with more self-discipline wouldn't make your goals manifest more rapidly or with greater reliability, just that, if you aren't a Superman of Self-Discipline, you can still try out affirmations for yourself and be confident of some positive results.

BTW, since starting my latest list of affirmations three months ago, things have been getting better and better for me at an exciting rate. So that's nice :)

Don't forget to check out my new website Rebel Zen.

Flow Like Water...


Join me for a meditation workshop!

Download my free music here.
Categories: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Mathieu said...

Ups and downs. What matters is the long run. and perseverance. :)

12:34 am

 
Blogger Prasanna said...

what seems like obvious but when we read this we feel encouraged.. inspiring blog :)

2:08 pm

 
Anonymous Gordon Hurd said...

True! I found my own abandoned list as well and guess what, my superconscious has been, as you out it, "chipping away" silently to make it all happen. Good stuff!

10:43 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who Links Here