To be a Taoist means many things to many people. To be a practitioner of Contemporary Taoism simply means to have realised that we are all minute parts of an indescribably large Whole (the Tao), and to choose therefore to 'Flow Like Water' and live in a spontaneous, natural manner. This blog is about: Personal Growth / Spiritual Development as guided by the principles of Eastern Philosophy, particularly modern philosophical Taoism; Developing constructive habits and achieving success with minimal effort; Meditation - Taoist, Zen or otherwise. See 'What In Lao Tzu's Name is a Contemporary Taoist?'

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Tao of Rest

One thing (I realised afterwards) that was funny about yesterday's post was that I forgot to mention that, because I have been quite ill with a headcold, I have not over the last few days been very attentive to my super-duper morning routine (outlined in yesterday's entry). Basically I woke up on Sunday with a cold and the 5:10am routine went out the window. It came back in the window this morning now that I am feeling much better thanks.

A Contemporary Taoist knows when to rest. You have to listen to your body. It would have been counter-productive to be trying to jog, build muscles etc. when I was all flubbered up with snot and a fever. Same goes for work. If it is not going to have dire consequences, then it's better to 'chuck a sickie' (as we say in Australia). I used to be one of those masochists who would go to work even if I was half dead with the flu, but no longer. It's a stupid thing to do.

Australian's look out for May's edition of LivingNow magazine. It should be hitting the streets about now. I have an article in it lifted from this blog called 'The Tao of Cats and Dogs'. I hope those of you who can get a copy of the mag enjoy it. For the rest of the (breathlessly waiting) world I will re-post the article in question once the month is history.


Flow Like Water...


Download out my free music here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who Links Here