To be a Taoist means many things to many people. To be a practitioner of Contemporary Taoism simply means to have realised that we are all minute parts of an indescribably large Whole (the Tao), and to choose therefore to 'Flow Like Water' and live in a spontaneous, natural manner. This blog is about: Personal Growth / Spiritual Development as guided by the principles of Eastern Philosophy, particularly modern philosophical Taoism; Developing constructive habits and achieving success with minimal effort; Meditation - Taoist, Zen or otherwise. See 'What In Lao Tzu's Name is a Contemporary Taoist?'

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Tao of Back To Work

After a fun filled weekend spent recording music with genius Adelaide indie music kids (in their ridiculously messy houses filled with toys, DVDs and misc. junk - an Adelaide thing, I've noticed*) and hanging with my family, I am now back into my routine.

I used to hate routine, but now I agree with those who say that in order to be truly healthy/effective, routine is important. We are creatures of habit - physiologically as well as mentally. I found my Chi balance went right out the window this weekend. I wasn't drinking or smoking but still I had headaches, moods, low energy, and I (all but) lost my voice.

I think it is true that the more you look after yourself, the more sensitive you become. This is because your body/mind awareness is dramatically increased.

A small price to pay for generally feeling tip-top - and way, way less traumatic than a revolting hangover!

Looking forward to catching Jost Sauer this Sunday at the LivingNow Expo in Melbourne! Jost strikes me as being on a similar path to me – only he is way more advanced (he had a head start!). He used to get right into drugs and alcohol, but now teaches freedom from these using Traditional Chinese Medicine and Chi Gung, etc. Get his book – it’s worth it.

Meanwhile I am working on (tentative title) "The Contemporary Taoist - A Novel". It is a humorous fiction based around the principals of Taoism (as I see them, of course).

*Not a criticism kids, just an observation! I'm not all that tidy myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who Links Here