To be a Taoist means many things to many people. To be a practitioner of Contemporary Taoism simply means to have realised that we are all minute parts of an indescribably large Whole (the Tao), and to choose therefore to 'Flow Like Water' and live in a spontaneous, natural manner. This blog is about: Personal Growth / Spiritual Development as guided by the principles of Eastern Philosophy, particularly modern philosophical Taoism; Developing constructive habits and achieving success with minimal effort; Meditation - Taoist, Zen or otherwise. See 'What In Lao Tzu's Name is a Contemporary Taoist?'

Saturday, March 04, 2006

It's a Tao Thang!

"Don't “remember to breathe” — just breathe. It's a Tao thing."

I was just thinking I might link to this here in TCT, even though it was more self-help than Tao when - hang on a minute - right at the bottom, it IS Tao thing it IS!

An excellent piece of advice to wake up to, especially given that I was a bit of drunken buffoon last night. Ok - more than a bit!

Now, shaky as I am, I could give in to that demon that wants me to believe that I should regret my behaviour, but you know what? Nothing I did was that bad, nothing I said insulted anyone, I was just a bit over-excited. I get like that - so what are you gonna do about it, demon? Nothing. Thought as much. So no regrets, last night was fun, I was silly, but today is now and it's a brand new day.

Besides - the girlfriend is all smiles.

Phew! That's the real barometer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who Links Here