To be a Taoist means many things to many people. To be a practitioner of Contemporary Taoism simply means to have realised that we are all minute parts of an indescribably large Whole (the Tao), and to choose therefore to 'Flow Like Water' and live in a spontaneous, natural manner. This blog is about: Personal Growth / Spiritual Development as guided by the principles of Eastern Philosophy, particularly modern philosophical Taoism; Developing constructive habits and achieving success with minimal effort; Meditation - Taoist, Zen or otherwise. See 'What In Lao Tzu's Name is a Contemporary Taoist?'

Monday, February 20, 2006

Tao of Warm and Fuzzy

Well, I'm sleepy now after three days of work on the back of a rotten week long cold, but I want to send out some thank you's before hittin' the ol' hay.

Thanks to those at my old workplace (not that any of them are likely to ever read this blog, i don't bring it up much with the 'real' people in my life) for being cool about me having to move on so soon, and making it easy for me to do so without leaving any burning bridges behind me. And also for being a right interesting bunch of characters who made me smile a heap.

Thanks to my girl, friends, adopted cousins, and to Melbourne in general for the lovely, cultural summer arvos and nights over the last week.

Thanks to Kayla, from snowbound Boulder, Colorado for the amazing email that put me in such a great place before heading off to start my new job this morning.

Thanks to the intense rush-hour traffic for bringing me back down to earth again before I got to the new office!

And thanks to the two grand trees that stand in the park near the new office for helping calm me down again.

And thanks for the new office, and the lovely crew inside it - for letting me swing the funky G-Tube!

And thanks to Blogmandu for the Blogisattva Award Nomination for 'Best Achievement in Skillful Writing'. Cool!

And most off all, thanks again to my girl, who also never reads this, and who I really am totally in love with still after five sweet years, for being so patient with me and my self-absorbed, writin', readin', housework-resenting, bill-payment-avoiding, turn-that-darn-stereo-down-I'm-trying-to-think-here ways.

Flow Like Water...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who Links Here