To be a Taoist means many things to many people. To be a practitioner of Contemporary Taoism simply means to have realised that we are all minute parts of an indescribably large Whole (the Tao), and to choose therefore to 'Flow Like Water' and live in a spontaneous, natural manner. This blog is about: Personal Growth / Spiritual Development as guided by the principles of Eastern Philosophy, particularly modern philosophical Taoism; Developing constructive habits and achieving success with minimal effort; Meditation - Taoist, Zen or otherwise. See 'What In Lao Tzu's Name is a Contemporary Taoist?'

Sunday, February 12, 2006

The art of blending opposites.

Looking at Alchemical Taoism.com I was reminded of an issue I have been pondering ... and then not pondering, which is more effective ... but anyway ...

The issue is my taste (or lack of) for both Eastern philosophy, meditation etc., and ... wait for it ... horror stories (movies, novels etc.).

Not just horror actually, but also crime (or 'mystery' depending on where you live) and the like.

Opposites. The morbid/macarbe and the feel-good.

I am going to repost an old essay I wrote for you to ponder, and then after I have actually done my uni assignment (procrastination 101) I may write some more on the topic.

Or I may not. Thinking is over-rated.

:)

Flow Like Water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who Links Here