To be a Taoist means many things to many people. To be a practitioner of Contemporary Taoism simply means to have realised that we are all minute parts of an indescribably large Whole (the Tao), and to choose therefore to 'Flow Like Water' and live in a spontaneous, natural manner. This blog is about: Personal Growth / Spiritual Development as guided by the principles of Eastern Philosophy, particularly modern philosophical Taoism; Developing constructive habits and achieving success with minimal effort; Meditation - Taoist, Zen or otherwise. See 'What In Lao Tzu's Name is a Contemporary Taoist?'

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Taoism and the Arts of China

Here's a nice link: Taoism and the Arts of China

Anyway, as I am supposed to be doing a uni assignment right now, I (logically) thought I might whack in a blog entry as a means of procrastination.

Actually, procrastination can be a very useful tool. It relates to the concept of Wu Wei (or however you spell it) which roughly translates 'To do without doing' or 'Effortless action'.

For example, the other day I was, strangely, fielding off three job offers, and in general was very confused as I couldn't really see the woods for the trees. I couldn't see one option proving to be more beneficial than the others. So? I did nothing. I kept people waiting for days on end, said nothing, and tried to forget about it. I simply waited for the answer to appear.

Eventually, it did. I got up yesterday morning, after doing a little 'still in bed' meditation, and viola! there it was!

The answer was obvious, and required me to do very little, as it happened. Perfect.

Do less, achieve more.

NB. There are now a few dead links from this blog as I have been 'doing less' about it ;) ... I am intending to give it a good old refresher at some point but can't say when as I have several pots boiling right now, including finally putting the finishing touches on my supernatural thriller that FEATURES A TAOIST HERO. Meanwhile check out The Way of Long Life and Long Vision for a really good perspective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who Links Here