To be a Taoist means many things to many people. To be a practitioner of Contemporary Taoism simply means to have realised that we are all minute parts of an indescribably large Whole (the Tao), and to choose therefore to 'Flow Like Water' and live in a spontaneous, natural manner. This blog is about: Personal Growth / Spiritual Development as guided by the principles of Eastern Philosophy, particularly modern philosophical Taoism; Developing constructive habits and achieving success with minimal effort; Meditation - Taoist, Zen or otherwise. See 'What In Lao Tzu's Name is a Contemporary Taoist?'

Friday, April 01, 2005

Tao of Nothing To Say

I know its pretty bad form to leave such huge spaces of time between entries, but I just have been having one of those weeks where I have been feeling contented and happy, busy enough, but kind of taking it easy, and each time I have loaded up a blank blog post page I have just stared at it for ten seconds before moving on (I don't let myself waste a whole lot of time on this blog really - unlike staring at nothing in the back yard - which I can quite happily spend hours doing!)

I guess it's just because this blog is themed - and there are weeks where I simply don't give a stuff about Taoism at all (ironically, these are probably the weeks in which I my accordance with Tao is at it's most spontaneous.)I just haven't been trawling the net for titbits of Tao - what's the point? Once you get it - you get it. And I haven't had anything much to comment on Tao - what's the point - once you've said it - you've lost it.

So essentially - it would be best if I just deleted this entire dumb-arsed blog (Blog - that's one ugly word) and spent the rest of my days staring at nothing in the back yard - it is of more worth.

But in truth - Blog is neither a beautiful word, nor an ugly one. And writing and staring into space are of no more usefullness than each other.

Discourse is a complete waste of time... but having said that ....

Conclusion? Attaching value to anything (actions, things, concepts) serves no purpose . It's all Tao - whatever - bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who Links Here