To be a Taoist means many things to many people. To be a practitioner of Contemporary Taoism simply means to have realised that we are all minute parts of an indescribably large Whole (the Tao), and to choose therefore to 'Flow Like Water' and live in a spontaneous, natural manner. This blog is about: Personal Growth / Spiritual Development as guided by the principles of Eastern Philosophy, particularly modern philosophical Taoism; Developing constructive habits and achieving success with minimal effort; Meditation - Taoist, Zen or otherwise. See 'What In Lao Tzu's Name is a Contemporary Taoist?'

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Early Morning Meditation

I have finally, it would seem, become one of those legends who can get up at dawn everyday (well MOST days!) and do their meditation and Qigong before the world has awoken. I never used to be able to do this except randomly. I have not had a drink or smoke in five weeks though and really noticing how even the occasional beer or joint really messes with the finer subtleties of my practice.

Building my chi in Dan Tien up nice and strong and hot, hoping to get to point of micro-cosmic circulaton soon...my Grandmaster reccomends great caution before attempting this. he says it must be NOT be forced, but that your chi should be strong enough to circulate of it's own volition, with only subtle guidance from the mind. I am currently practicing drawing the chi up from my Dan Tien to my Heart chakra (what is chinese term for this?) then pumping it back down, this 'Boils the water' - i.e. builds up strong, hot chi.

Micro-cosmic Orbit

Hold on to your sperm boys! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who Links Here