To be a Taoist means many things to many people. To be a practitioner of Contemporary Taoism simply means to have realised that we are all minute parts of an indescribably large Whole (the Tao), and to choose therefore to 'Flow Like Water' and live in a spontaneous, natural manner. This blog is about: Personal Growth / Spiritual Development as guided by the principles of Eastern Philosophy, particularly modern philosophical Taoism; Developing constructive habits and achieving success with minimal effort; Meditation - Taoist, Zen or otherwise. See 'What In Lao Tzu's Name is a Contemporary Taoist?'

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Yijing Dao

A good site on the I-Ching


'Not doing' can also be regarded as spontaneous non-purposeful action, simply following an urge without any preconceived plan in mind and certainly without any agonising of the should I?/shouldn't I? variety. Such action maintains clarity from stillness to movement and does not become confused. Much confusion arises from the desire to act too soon, one fears opportunities are slipping away, chances being lost, and so the Yijing teaches how to recognise the nature of the moment, the closing and opening of possibilities.'

Interesting to note that The Book of Changes is pronounced 'ee-jing' not 'eye-ching'!

To be a little more 'contemporary' I should probably change the name of the website to read 'Daoist' which is the modern (and far more sensible) romanised spelling of Tao. The trouble is that - once you are aware of its correct pronunciation, Tao with a 'T' (in my opinion) just looks really cool!

N.B. Although this will probably make any purists who read this gnash there teeth in anger - go here for a really easy to use I Ching online. I sometimes use it when I can't be bothered with too much fuss. But I have a good book that I read the interpretations and changing hexagrams etc. from.

Or try here - it looks pretty good, although I haven't yet used it. Of course, one really should show a little reverence and get some coins out right?

I don't know really - I think reverence is a little over-rated myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who Links Here