To be a Taoist means many things to many people. To be a practitioner of Contemporary Taoism simply means to have realised that we are all minute parts of an indescribably large Whole (the Tao), and to choose therefore to 'Flow Like Water' and live in a spontaneous, natural manner. This blog is about: Personal Growth / Spiritual Development as guided by the principles of Eastern Philosophy, particularly modern philosophical Taoism; Developing constructive habits and achieving success with minimal effort; Meditation - Taoist, Zen or otherwise. See 'What In Lao Tzu's Name is a Contemporary Taoist?'

Friday, January 07, 2005

Tea Party!

yes, thats right, I went to a party last night and drank tea instead of beer. It must be a new year!

In other news:

A)Today I chose my web host and it is all stations go for my massive portal mother site moosecafe.com which shall incorporate

1) embrace meditation.com - my meditation website
2) my music website - whereby you will be able to check out my music
3) a site of my best writing
4) and I may even move this blog there eventually - maybe...

B) Over the new year my mate ben's five year old kid blew our minds as we sat around (not drinking tea - that was the old year!). We were discussing the nature of truth - and getting nowhere really - when ben's kid - Olly piped up all matter of fact as if it were a fact of common knowledge

'Truth? truth is when you're running on the beach...and then you fall over!'

That shut us up!

Then a little later he came flying out of nowhere wearing nothing but an over-sized sombrero and exclaimed

'I am the Nudie Cowboy!' which whilst not quite as profound, did crack us all up!

You Go Ollie - spontaneously accord!

C) I am playing my first solo gig in quite a while this sunday at a place in Brunswick called The Noise Bar (Albert St) for any of my melbourne based friends who should happen to read this that I haven't already badgered about attending! 7pm. No pants allowed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who Links Here