To be a Taoist means many things to many people. To be a practitioner of Contemporary Taoism simply means to have realised that we are all minute parts of an indescribably large Whole (the Tao), and to choose therefore to 'Flow Like Water' and live in a spontaneous, natural manner. This blog is about: Personal Growth / Spiritual Development as guided by the principles of Eastern Philosophy, particularly modern philosophical Taoism; Developing constructive habits and achieving success with minimal effort; Meditation - Taoist, Zen or otherwise. See 'What In Lao Tzu's Name is a Contemporary Taoist?'

Friday, January 14, 2005

AAAAGH! It's the JOB MONSTER!

'Awareness often means the capacity not to act. To be creatively idle and silent which is more difficult for most people than to do something. To be still requires a strong sense of personal identity and an intimate relationship with enduring values. It is an expression of the alive, integrating self, which is involved in BEING more than DOING.'

Unfortunately, I will have little chance to be idle over the next couple of days. I make my way up country again to day to go get me car. Then I begin work tomorrow in the cafe at CERES where my old mate Jimmy is da boss. I would of course, rather stay home and write but the bills are piling up - at least this is a lovely environment in which to work; lots of lovely people and an ethical employer (which makes a difference). Pays pretty good too!

And no doubt I will cruise through in the spirit of Wu Wei (Effortless Action)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who Links Here